Robert provides business legal and advisory services to private sector business, municipal corporations, public libraries, charter schools, and public utilities throughout Indiana, including entity creation and analysis, debt and equity financings, intellectual property analysis and protection and general corporate and real estate transactional representation, including mergers and acquisitions. His business practice includes representation of entities in a broad spectrum of industries, including among others, technology, manufacturing, construction, retail real estate development, advertising, hospitality, waste disposal, public utility, public library, charter school, and health care industries.
Robert has been in private practice in Indiana since 1988. He is a native of Anderson, Indiana, and holds a B.S. degree in business from Indiana University, Bloomington, and obtained his J.D. from Valparaiso University School of Law.
Robert has been an author, presenter and lecturer before professional, industry and business organizations on topics including corporate organization, choice of legal entity, director and officer liability and utility territorial disputes. Robert is involved in numerous non-profit organizations with a focus on education and youth development. He was the Board Chair for the Washington Township School Foundation, the Marion County Commission on Youth and the Alpha-Omicron Education Foundation, and a past board member for the Jordan YMCA and the Christamore House. Robert also volunteers his time to the Boy Scouts of America.
Robert’s memberships include:
- Indiana State Bar Association—Business Law Section and Utility Law Section
- Indianapolis Bar Association—Business Law Section
- American Bar Association—Business Law and Practice Management Sections
- Alliance of Indiana Rural Water
- Chang v. Michiana Telecasting Corp., 900 F.2d 1085 (7th Cir. 1990)
- Gary-Hobart Water Corporation v. Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission, 591 N.E.2d 649 (Ind. App. 1992)
- City of Columbia v. Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission, 618 N.E.2d 21 (Ind. App. 1993)
- Citizens Action Coalition of Indiana, et al. v. PSI Energy, Inc., 664 N.E.2d 401 (Ind. App. 1996)
- Indiana Bell Telephone Company, Inc., et al. v. Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission, 715 N.E.2d 351 (Ind. 1999)